1. Travel to Los Angeles, the usual airport is Los Angeles International Airport, airport code: LAX.
2. UCLA campus is located in the Westwood area. From LAX to Westwood, you can take either taxi, flyaway shuttle, or Uber. For Uber service at LAX, you need to go to the departure level at LAX. Then at each terminal, there is a station for shuttle service and Uber driver will pick you up at the station. Flyaway shuttle service directly goes from LAX to Westwood, just make sure that you get on the bus bound for Westwood. The fee is very cheap (only credit card accepted).
3. The UCLA Department of Physics and Astronomy is located in the Physics and Astronomy Building (PAB) and Knudsen Hall. To view an interactive campus map, a printable (PDF) campus map, and complete driving directions, visit the UCLA campus maps website. The Inverted Fountain, one of the UCLA landmarks, is right in front of the Knudsen Hall.
4. PAB and Knudsen Hall are connected and located northwest of the intersection between Hilgard Avenue and Westholme Avenue. Parking Structure 2 (P2) and the Parking Information Kiosk (i) are both located at this intersection, see the map below. All-day parking permits for P2 are available for cash at the Information Kiosk. All-day and short-term permits are also available for purchase by credit card via Pay-by-Space meters inside Parking Structure 2. Look for the Pay-by-Space entrances located at various intervals around Parking Structure 2.
5. For any additional questions, please contact our administrative assistant Maria Salinas.