1. Travel to Los Angeles, the usual airport is Los Angeles International Airport, airport code: LAX.
2. UCLA campus is located in the Westwood area. From LAX to Westwood, you can take either taxi or Uber. Or, of course you can also rent a car at the airport. For Uber service at LAX, you need to go to the departure level at LAX. Then at each terminal, there is a station for shuttle service and Uber driver will pick you up at the station.
3. The UCLA Department of Physics and Astronomy is located in the Physics and Astronomy Building (PAB) and Knudsen Hall, see below for a map of surrounding area. The nuclear physics group is located on the 5th floor in Knudsen Hall. To view an interactive campus map, a printable (PDF) campus map, and complete driving directions, visit the UCLA campus maps website. The Inverted Fountain, one of the UCLA landmarks, is right in front of the Knudsen Hall.
4. There is a free wifi in the department (called "PA Open"), you should have no problem to get connected to the internet. If you prefer and have set up with your own institute, you can also use "eduroam" here.
5. PAB and Knudsen Hall are connected and located northwest of the intersection between Hilgard Avenue and Westholme Avenue. Parking Structure 2 (P2) and the Parking Information Kiosk (i) are both located at this intersection, see the map below. All-day parking permits for P2 are available for cash at the Information Kiosk. All-day and short-term permits are also available for purchase by credit card via Pay-by-Space meters inside Parking Structure 2. Look for the Pay-by-Space entrances located at various intervals around Parking Structure 2.
6. For any additional questions, please contact our administrative assistant Mrs. Maria Dissanayake.