1. Travel to Los Angeles, the usual airport is Los Angeles International Airport, airport code: LAX.
2. UCLA campus is located in the Westwood area. From LAX to Westwood, you can take either taxi or Uber (Lyft or Opoli). Or, of course, you can also rent a car at the airport. In order to use either Taxi or Uber (Lyft or Opoli), you need to take the LAX-it shuttle to the designated parking station where your Taxi or Ride app driver will pick you up. For more information on LAX-it shuttles, check the information here.
3. The UCLA Department of Physics and Astronomy is located in the Physics and Astronomy Building (PAB) and Knudsen Hall, see below for a map of the surrounding area. The nuclear physics group is located on the 5th floor in Knudsen Hall. To view an interactive campus map, a printable (PDF) campus map, and complete driving directions, visit the UCLA campus maps website. The Inverted Fountain, one of the UCLA landmarks, is right in front of Knudsen Hall.
4. There is free wifi in the department (called "PA Open"), you should have no problem getting connected to the internet. If you prefer and have set it up in your own institute, you can also use "eduroam" here.
5. PAB and Knudsen Hall are connected and located northwest of the intersection between Hilgard Avenue and Westholme Avenue. Parking Structure 2 (P2) and the Parking Information Kiosk (i) are both located at this intersection, see the map below. All-day parking permits for P2 are available for cash at the Information Kiosk. All-day and short-term permits are also available for purchase by credit card via Pay-by-Space meters inside Parking Structure 2. Look for the Pay-by-Space entrances located at various intervals around Parking Structure 2.
6. For any additional questions, please contact our administrative assistant Andrew Soderlund.